Batman V Superman
The best thing about Batman V Superman was Wonder Woman! Now that chick was impressive. This is one of those movies that is redeemed by the ending. I can definitely say that I was skeptical about Ben Affleck as Batman but for the direction they went, he was actually quite good. He was brooding, dark and menacingly silent. The tortured soul.
Henry Cavill as Superman is not my favorite. He is nice to look at, but I have been turned off from the so so remake. At any rate, he is solid in the characterization of Superman. He too played the role as it was designed.
The things I did not love:
- drawn out build of the back story. I get we had to have a believable reason why Batman hated Superman but sheesh! Did it have to take so long?
- the brooding Batman. Again, I get it but he was all gloom and doom for far too long.
- dream sequences. Now, I appreciate a good dream sequence like any true scifi lover would but these were ... well, just not that great. They felt thrown together, disjointed and did not advance the story as it should have. My son argues though that one of them had a distinct purpose and I'm not enough of a fan to get it. I will give him that.
- Wonder Woman!!!!!!! I can't say it enough. I probably am a little biased since I liked, Gal Gadot in Fast and the Furious. I like the actress, and the character was just plain bad ass.
- the ending. Nuff said lol.
- the sneak peak at the other super heros (so freaking excited, I am -said in Yoda voice lol)
- the villian, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex was crazy!!! A good crazy with just the right amount of snark. He played it well.
- the fight scenes. They were choreographed well and did not get boring.